Never have I been so glad to be wrong… in just a couple of Emmy categories. I’m certainly not going to whine about not predicting such superb surprise nominations as Louie CK, Timothy Olyphant, and Walton Goggins.
Tag: The Killing (1-4 of 4)
The Killing concluded its first season with an ambiguous ending that seemed less thought-out than anxious — for something that would strike viewers as worth the 13 episodes we’ve spent in the cold Seattle rain; for something that would leave us gasping with surprise (consider me un-gasped); and for something that would be so open-ended that it would compel AMC to renew it for a second season (mission accomplished). READ FULL STORY
How ’bout that Game of Thrones final scene last night? How ’bout the closing-seconds revelation in The Killing last night?
Both shows are barreling toward their season finales as Emmy voters are getting ready to make their nominations, and I’m betting that these two Sunday-night series, along with HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, will be among the few first-season shows that will garner nominations in a few categories. READ FULL STORY
The second week of The Killing deepened the mystery, deepened the performances of its actors, deepened the enjoyment of this new series. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- Lena Dunham on 'SNL': It's 'Girls' night in
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine