The final, fifth season of Friday Night Lights will begin airing on NBC on Apr. 15, but over on DirecTV, we’ve already arrived at the series’ penultimate episode, which aired last night. It was a great episode that saw the return of Adrienne Palicki as Tyra, Zach Gilford as Matt, and some big, fundamental changes in life in Dillon, Tex., so spoilerphobes, you are forewarned. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Sports (21-30 of 76)
The return of Tim Riggins — freed from jail last week, with not a little help from Coach Eric Taylor’s character-witness testimony before a parole board — set this week’s Friday Night Lights into emotional motion. What was striking was that, as superb as Taylor Kitsch has always been in this role, FNL has raised a supporting cast during his absence that has risen to the challenge of this terrific series. READ FULL STORY
It’s interesting to see where Friday Night Lights places its emphasis in its final hours, and the biggest surprise in this week’s episode, titled “Swerve,” was the prominent Julie-centric plot. I really thought we’d pretty much waved good-bye to that kid when she left for college, and her smooching-the-married-TA subplot seemed an almost literal kiss-off to a character that had outgrown the show.
But FNL has a way of making dramatic gold out of other shows’ tin cliches. After last week’s college showdown between READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season