Some sitcoms have to rely on laugh-laugh-laughs to keep you hooked; they’re joke machines. Up All Night is more of a character sitcom: If you like the people in it, chances are, you’ll like the show. Which is one way of saying that, while I didn’t always laugh my tail off at this new show, I liked the characters a lot, and want to see how they develop. Which in turn could lead to a richer, more satisfying sitcom experience over the long haul. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Sitcoms (71-80 of 200)
Entourage wrapped up its run on HBO Sunday night with a final episode that saw big changes, and none at all. By which I mean, right to the very post-credits moment, the series remained what it was from the start: a fantasy of wealth, success, love, and arrested development. READ FULL STORY
The second season of Louie had a number of moments that didn’t just amuse me; they made my heart swell with joy and, sometimes, sadness. As if to acknowledge these reactions in his viewers, Louis C.K. crafted a season finale on Thursday night that found his character hitting new highs… and lows. READ FULL STORY
'Game of Thrones,' 'Friday Night Lights,' 'Sherlock,' and 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' among big winners of Television Critics Association Awards
Jon Hamm was named best actor in a drama and Modern Family’s Ty Burrell and Parks and Recreation‘s Nick Offerman tied for best actor in a comedy in the annual Television Critics Association awards ceremony held on Saturday night.
The full list is: READ FULL STORY
Rescue Me producer/co-creator Peter Tolan decided to wake up the jaded gathering of the Television Critics Association by dropping his pants mid-way through a press session on Saturday morning. READ FULL STORY
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' review: Did Larry David, 'social assassin,' solve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict?
Last night’s episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm found Larry David in moods that are least like him (at least on TV): cheerful and open-minded. Enthused about the chicken served at the Palestinian-owned Al Abbas Chicken restaurant, Larry is busy converting his mostly-Jewish chums to the establishment. One joke among these jokesters is that the restaurant would be an ideal place to conduct an affair, since so few Jews patronize the place. READ FULL STORY
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' result: Talk about it!
- 'Sing-Off' judges get 'Hooked on a Feeling'!
- 'Hawaii Five-0': Tom Berenger as Danny's dad
- 'Mockingjay' theories: So, who is Antonius?
- Sarah Paulson's Emma Thompson impression?!
- 'Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug': EW review
- 'American Hustle': EW review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale recap: A Mother's Work
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff talks about tonight's shocker ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' postmortem: Jimmy Smits on Nero's choices (and cardigans)