Richard Blanco became the fifth poet to read at a Presidential inauguration today. Advance publicity about the choice of Blanco emphasized that he was the youngest, first Latino, openly gay poet to act as an inaugural poet. The new poem he wrote for the occasion, “One Today,” garnered warm words from President Obama (to be expected), and from Beyonce (who could be seen congratulating him afterward on national broadcasts). Here’s the text, followed by some analysis of it: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Poetry (1-2 of 2)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Gotham' recap: What did you think of its 'Pilot'?
- 'Dallas' finale postmortem: Producer, star talk about losing a Ewing
- 'Big Bang Theory' season premiere: 12 favorite laugh lines
- 11 things you'll want to know about the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover
- 'Scorpion' premiere react: Get smarter
- 'Sleepy Hollow' recap: 'This Is War'
- 'Voice' recap: Gwen and Pharrell take their first spin at blind auditions
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Age is just a state of mind