Richard Blanco became the fifth poet to read at a Presidential inauguration today. Advance publicity about the choice of Blanco emphasized that he was the youngest, first Latino, openly gay poet to act as an inaugural poet. The new poem he wrote for the occasion, “One Today,” garnered warm words from President Obama (to be expected), and from Beyonce (who could be seen congratulating him afterward on national broadcasts). Here’s the text, followed by some analysis of it: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Poetry (1-2 of 2)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser poster revealed
- 'Into the Woods' featurette: Go behind the scenes with Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Co.
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the cover art for new Selection novel
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' First Look: Watch Annalise confront Sam
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man