Howard Stern joined America’s Got Talent on Monday night, as you know from the publicity blitz he’s been doing on every NBC outlet except for Betty White’s Off Their Rockers. I think he’s recycled the line about how “these executives at NBC are out of their minds taking a risk on me” during every appearance including this America’s Got Talent. He says this, even as, in the next breath, he tells interviewers he “knows how to behave” on prime-time television. A man as intelligent as Stern must have known that this was a losing strategy: Why would he defuse any promise of surprise, or the blunt humor that’s made him so entertaining? READ FULL STORY
Tag: Howard Stern (1-10 of 11)
David Letterman to Howard Stern re: 'America's Got Talent': 'You're gonna make people cry.' 'Lord knows I can do it.'
On Wednesday night’s Late Show With David Letterman, the host celebrated his 30 years in late night with typical asperity, noting that at this point, what’s keeping him going is “Lipitor and vodka.” The greatest talk-show host ever — the sum of what came before him, the invention of his own body of work, the influence he has bequeathed to every host who’s come after him — nodded to his past with a Top Ten recited by longtime staffers heaping abuse upon their employer. READ FULL STORY
NBC has finally done something right: In hiring Howard Stern to be a judge on America’s Got Talent, the network succeeds on a number of levels. Let’s count ‘em:
1. People like me will start watching America’s Got Talent. I, like millions of Americans, have no use for a talent show that tells me we have talent in this country. Who cares about its endless parade of cute tykes and silly dancers and, as Stern put it on his radio show, “Frank Sinatra impersonators”? But with Stern as a judge, I and many others will give this show another shot, because he’s bound to add a lot of sharp humor and, I’m wagering, a great deal of acute critical observation along with his trademark sarcasm. READ FULL STORY
Anthony Weiner stars in 'Bye, Bye, Pervert!': Howard Stern, Bill O'Reilly, Rachel Maddow savage the jackals of the press
Anthony Weiner was driven from office by a combination of his dumb behavior, bluenose political hypocrisy, and — most of all — media ridicule and ridiculously excessive coverage. READ FULL STORY
ABC's Charlie Sheen '20/20' review: 'I blinked and I cured my brain.' Now blink and erase our memories of you, Charlie
Now it’s clear why Charlie Sheen was scurrying around the past two days, giving interviews to everyone from Piers Morgan to Howard Stern: He was trying for some advance damage control for the scattered, ego-blasted sit-down he’d taped for ABC’s 20/20, shown on Tuesday night. READ FULL STORY
Howard Stern, appearing on Monday night’s Daily Show, told Jon Stewart, “We have been in touch with Charlie Sheen, and he may call in to my show on Wednesday. It will be two lunatics together.” READ FULL STORY
It took a while for Piers Morgan to get a rise out of Howard Stern, but Stern finally uncorked when the subject turned to Jay Leno. On the second night of Piers Morgan Tonight, Stern called the Tonight Show host a “crook,” “insane,” “not fit to scrub David Letterman’s feet,” and said that Leno READ FULL STORY
The premiere of Piers Morgan Tonight revealed host Piers Morgan to be clever, tenacious, vain, a flatterer, and fitfully funny. Oh, and he had a big-name first guest: Oprah Winfrey, who talked about contemplating suicide at age 14, her quest to interview Michael Vick, and how many times she’s had her heart broken (twice). READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- 'Interstellar' poster puts Matthew McConaughey in a spacesuit to brave the unknown
- 'Scandal' role for Brian Benben
- Jessica Lange's 'AHS: Freak Show' role: 'delusional, narcissistic, ruthless in her ambition'
- 'Making a Scene with James Franco': 6 new photos from movie mash-up series
- Valerie Cherish's return promises to be 'like 'Comeback' crack' for fans
- Andrew Rannells talks 'Hedwig,' 'Book of Mormon,' 'Girls'
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'