House shuttered itself on Monday night. The first hour, titled “Swan Song,” consisted of a retrospective of the series’ eight seasons, 177 episodes, with lots of behind-the-scenes interviews with the crew and co-stars, some of them conducted by star Hugh Laurie, and a paintball fight. The second hour, “Everybody Dies,” featured a typically baffling medical case for Dr. Gregory House, which was only a first-half-hour cover for what really mattered, including numerous guest faces from the past, and which requires in this spot a SPOILER ALERT. READ FULL STORY
Tag: House (1-9 of 9)
Last week it was announced that after eight seasons Hugh Laurie’s pill-popping brilliant misanthrope Dr. Gregory House would be voluntarily limping off to syndicated and cable rerun nirvana. (A nirvana, I must add, that the grump did his best to never achieve during this character’s lifetime. After all, a happy House was always the least appealing House.) And so this week’s House was the first one we could watch with that knowledge, and, inevitably, it changes how you’ll experience the rest of the season. READ FULL STORY
Fox has become the most schizophrenic network, with its relentless pursuit of the minimally talented in its reality programming, and its equally relentless pursuit of maximum quality in its scripted series. Any ads for its fall schedule might as well just consist of busts of two gigantic heads: Steven Spielberg, whose lavishly-budgeted Terra Nova is bound to be the season’s biggest economic and reputation-affecting production, and Simon Cowell, from whose waggling brow has sprung a Stateside version of The X Factor talent show, a sure-fire ratings-getter out of the gate. READ FULL STORY
The soap-opera version of House continues relentlessly. In the series’ 150th episode on Monday night, a maudlin medical case was matched with the return of Olivia Wilde, wilder than Hugh Laurie’s House might have dreamed, since she’s now a slinky ex-con. READ FULL STORY
Oh, that House: Just when you think the series has become a ridiculous soap opera, it becomes… an accidentally timely ridiculous soap opera. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' director Paris Barclay talks 'Greensleeves': 'I'm screaming, More pain!'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Inbar Lavi on Jax-Winsome chemistry and her return
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'