House shuttered itself on Monday night. The first hour, titled “Swan Song,” consisted of a retrospective of the series’ eight seasons, 177 episodes, with lots of behind-the-scenes interviews with the crew and co-stars, some of them conducted by star Hugh Laurie, and a paintball fight. The second hour, “Everybody Dies,” featured a typically baffling medical case for Dr. Gregory House, which was only a first-half-hour cover for what really mattered, including numerous guest faces from the past, and which requires in this spot a SPOILER ALERT. READ FULL STORY
Tag: House (1-9 of 9)
Last week it was announced that after eight seasons Hugh Laurie’s pill-popping brilliant misanthrope Dr. Gregory House would be voluntarily limping off to syndicated and cable rerun nirvana. (A nirvana, I must add, that the grump did his best to never achieve during this character’s lifetime. After all, a happy House was always the least appealing House.) And so this week’s House was the first one we could watch with that knowledge, and, inevitably, it changes how you’ll experience the rest of the season. READ FULL STORY
Fox has become the most schizophrenic network, with its relentless pursuit of the minimally talented in its reality programming, and its equally relentless pursuit of maximum quality in its scripted series. Any ads for its fall schedule might as well just consist of busts of two gigantic heads: Steven Spielberg, whose lavishly-budgeted Terra Nova is bound to be the season’s biggest economic and reputation-affecting production, and Simon Cowell, from whose waggling brow has sprung a Stateside version of The X Factor talent show, a sure-fire ratings-getter out of the gate. READ FULL STORY
The soap-opera version of House continues relentlessly. In the series’ 150th episode on Monday night, a maudlin medical case was matched with the return of Olivia Wilde, wilder than Hugh Laurie’s House might have dreamed, since she’s now a slinky ex-con. READ FULL STORY
Oh, that House: Just when you think the series has become a ridiculous soap opera, it becomes… an accidentally timely ridiculous soap opera. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Bill Hader reminisces about Stefon with TV hubby Seth Meyers
- Barbra Streisand duets with Jimmy Fallon (as Elvis, Blake, and Buble)
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Flash': How it went from concept to series in 5 superfast steps
- 'Big Bang Theory' cast featurette: Kaley Cuoco's re-'do and other hair-raising tales
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode