Filled with clues, jokes, poignancy, and lipstick, “Concentrate and Ask Again,” this week’s episode of Fringe, can be viewed as completing a trilogy of episodes that bring together a lot of the show’s mythology. “The Firefly” brought the Observers back; “Reciprocity” was a fairly massive Massive Dynamic info-dump; and this week we learned more about Nina Sharp and the Cortexiphan drug trials. What tied them all these together? The doomsday device, and Peter and Olivia’s connections to it. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fringe (31-40 of 66)
This week’s Fringe, an episode titled “Reciprocity,” was about breaking codes and breaking down defenses. It began on a rather light note, when it was revealed that our heroes had cracked the encryption code on the alternate-world-Olivia’s case files. (In deference to Walter, who this week started using the widely-employed fan term “Fauxlivia,” that’s what I’ll call her here.) What was the key to the code? READ FULL STORY
Fringe returned in its new time period on Friday night with “The Firefly,” an exemplary episode designed to bring joy, deep satisfaction, and uneasy fears to the hearts of its fans. I’ll deal with the joys and satisfactions first. READ FULL STORY
It looks as though the folks over at Fringe are preparing to deal with their Jan. 21 move to Fridays with anything but denial, anger, bargaining, depression, or acceptance. Well, maybe READ FULL STORY
Knowing that this was the first Fringe after the alternating alternate-universe arc and the last before a winter break placed quite a burden on this week’s episode, entitled “Marionette.” But by now, the series is so sure of its tone, its surging story-telling power, that it more than met its challenges. The fringe-science case was a resonant dilly: A man is harvesting the donated organs of a dead woman he loved/loves, hoping to put her together, Franken-style, and reanimate her. In the same way as this harvester, Fringe has become exhilaratingly fearless about READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 13 reality TV hits: Best season was...
- 'Big Bang Theory' cast featurette: Kaley Cuoco's re-'do and other hair-raising tales
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- Crime does pay: 20 movie/TV outlaws who cashed in
- Ryan Murphy shares 'AHS: Freak Show' details: 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' tapestry revealed
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in 'By the Sea': 3 First Look photos