Here is the completion of my Top 10 list, the five shows I enjoyed most in 2011. “Enjoyed,” however, is short-hand for a finely tuned algorithm: The shows here gave me a lot of immediate, visceral pleasure; they were pleasant, and sometimes pleasantly knotty, to contemplate. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fringe (11-20 of 66)
Fox has become the most schizophrenic network, with its relentless pursuit of the minimally talented in its reality programming, and its equally relentless pursuit of maximum quality in its scripted series. Any ads for its fall schedule might as well just consist of busts of two gigantic heads: Steven Spielberg, whose lavishly-budgeted Terra Nova is bound to be the season’s biggest economic and reputation-affecting production, and Simon Cowell, from whose waggling brow has sprung a Stateside version of The X Factor talent show, a sure-fire ratings-getter out of the gate. READ FULL STORY
Fringe closed out its third season with another peel-your-scalp-back finale in its final few minutes, preceded by an episode that tied many things together while introducing some new concepts. Oh, and also new hair styles, a new villain, and a new eye on Phillip Broyles. READ FULL STORY
The conclusion of this week’s Fringe — and the remarkable amount of information crammed into the coming attractions for next week’s season finale — was so startling, it’s difficult to regroup and pull back. But we have to take the full measure of “The Last Sam Weiss” to truly appreciate its shocker ending. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- Pixar's 'Inside Out': Emotions run wild in first trailer for June release
- 'Sons of Anarchy' sneak peek: Jax and Jarry have a chat
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Chad Coleman's 'Walking Dead' preview: Why Tyreese is 'still struggling'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' trailer: Brides, catfights, and Alyssa Milano
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics